San Diego, CA
Helping you get started
Few entrepreneurial opportunities offer the level of training and support provided by State Farm®. Thats why we have one of the highest new agent retention rates in the industry.
Throughout the Selection Process, we help you work toward becoming an Approved Candidate. Approved Candidates who successfully complete a full-time, paid internship are appointed as 12-Month Term Independent Contractor Agents (TICA). This appointment includes a generous signing bonus and an additional bonus at the beginning of the second year.
As an independent contractor agent, you are responsible for all business expenses. State Farm also provides significant support to help you manage those expenses, including:
- Furniture and equipment at a low monthly price
- Competitive-rate loans to assist with start-up costs
- Computers, phones, and related tools at little or no cost
Learn more in Frequently Asked Questions.
A call, click, or e-mail away
Your office may have your name on it, but you are not alone. Extensive, ongoing support is at your fingertips throughout your State Farm agent career:
- From training and development, to business planning and world-class marketing assistance, an Agent Development Center and area Sales Leader help you become a more strategic leader of your office.
- Your Administrative Services (facilities), Claims, Public Affairs, and Underwriting partners are here to provide expert help and resources at the local level.
- Agency/Sales Resources is dedicated to providing personal assistance with business operations, including things like compensation, licensing, contract dealings, incentive programs, and more.
- The Bank Response Center staff is ready to assist customers and agents with any State Farm Bank® deposit- or loan-related business.
- Well-trained professionals at our Customer Response Center are here 24/7 to assist State Farm customers and agents. When your office is closed, we take good care of customers and provide all the information you may need to follow up.
- You dont have to be a computer whiz. The Insurance Support Center provides 24/7 computer and IT support for you.
- Internal Sales Support helps agents who are registered to market securities and financial services products. Licensed representatives can lend you a hand before, during, or after client meetings.
State Farm Bank®, Bloomington, Illinois, is a Member FDIC and Equal Housing Lender.
Securities Issued by State Farm VP Management Corp. For more information, call 1-800-447-4930.
Securities, insurance and annuity products are not FDIC insured, are not bank guaranteed and are subject to investment risk, including possible loss of principal.
State Farm VP Management Corp. is a separate entity from those State Farm entities which provide banking and insurance products.
Neither State Farm nor its agents provide investment, tax, or legal advice.