Enhance your skills and gain real world experience in your field of study.
State Farm offers two types of internships: Corporate Internships at our headquarters in Bloomington, IL and Market Area internships at locations across the country.
Corporate Internship Program
Our corporate headquarters in Bloomington, IL is a thriving community largely influenced by the Midwestern values that State Farm was founded upon and the diversity of thought and culture that is typically found in a college town.
- Begins at the end of May, lasts 11 weeks
- Highly competitive compensation
- Two paid holidays (Memorial Day and 4th of July)
- Local housing available
- Relocation assistance for eligible interns
- Mentorship/networking program
- Great organized social events and sports activities
- Business Acumen/Career Workshops
- Active undergraduate and graduate students
- Candidate must be returning to school in the fall
- Cumulative GPA of 3.2 or higher (B+ average preferred)
In addition to a fantastic real-world work experience, State Farm offers its interns highly competitive pay.
- Memorial Day
- 4th of July
Intern wages vary by department. Specific wage information is listed for each internship.
State Farm coordinates available housing for its summer interns with a local housing complex at a discounted rate. State Farm will help you locate and secure your housing for the duration of the internship, but all housing costs are your responsibility. The housing rate is determined by State Farm’s negotiated rates with the leasing company.
Housing amenities include:
- 4 bedroom/4 bathroom units*
- Discounted rent for the summer with utilities included
- Units are furnished and include a washer/dryer
- Onsite club house, computer lounge, sand volleyball court, pool and workout facility.
*2-bedroom units are available for anyone needing family housing. State Farm coordinates the matching of compatible roommates.
Market Area Internships
State Farm has operation centers and offices across the country performing a variety of functions crucial to State Farm's success.
Each Market Area offers excellent internship opportunities, though details and compensation vary from Market Area to Market Area. What doesn't vary is the quality of the programyou can expect the same real-world, hands-on experience that our corporate interns receive.
Located at the University of Illinois Research Park on campus, the State Farm Research and Development Center is a place where State Farm staff and UIUC students guide and support Company programs with high-level research. The Centers open spaces and state-of-the-art tools encourage interaction and innovation a perfect complement to traditional classroom studies.